Studi sul Cristianesimo Primitivo

Investigating the Authenticity of Pliny the Younger’s Letter to Trajan Concerning the Christians

« Older   Newer »
Saulnier
view post Posted on 17/2/2016, 17:53 by: Saulnier     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (maquanteneso @ 17/2/2016, 16:43) 
I saw the letter and I noticed that it's very short. This is usually a big problem for authorship attribution programs.
What techniques did you use?

The method applied is the one proposed by Potha and Stamatatos (2014): A Profile-Based Method for Authorship Verification (Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Methods and Applications, Ioannina, Greece, May 2014)
www.icsd.aegean.gr/lecturers/stamatatos/papers/SETN2014.pdf

Regarding the length of the letter and authorship verification’s problem, great progress have been made within the last few years obtaining very good results for texts even much shorter than Pliny’s letter:

•Brocardo, M. L., Traore, I., Saad, S., and Woungang, I. (2013). Authorship Verification for Short Messages using Stylometry. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer, Information and Telecommunication Systems, Piraeus-Athens, Greece, May 2013.
•Brocardo, M. L., Traore, I., and Woungang, I. (2014). Authorship verification of e-mail and tweet messages applied for continuous authentication. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 81: 1429–40.
•Chen, X., Hao, P., Chandramouli, R., and Subbalakshmi, K. P. (2011). Authorship Similarity Detection from E-mail Messages. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition, New York, NY, August– September 2011.

16 replies since 15/2/2016, 21:23   694 views